After concluding his career as a touring musician, Garret Hohl was reinvigorated by the return of his hometown Winnipeg Jets and immersed himself into the hockey blogosphere. Garret was introduced to advanced statistics through the writings of Gabriel Desjardins on the now defunct blog Behind the Net. While studying Combined Honours in Biology and Chemistry as a student at the University of British Columbia, the analytical approach to viewing hockey statistically evoked extreme interest. Garret has started HockeyData, which offers detailed analysis and insights into the play of both individual players and teams. The team at HockeyData offer unparalleled insight into the world of hockey analytics, and currently work with both professional and amateur hockey athletes and teams across North America. CKM Sports work closely with HockeyData, and are proud to offer their services to our clients.
HOCKEYDATA IS THE LEADING PROVIDER OF HOCKEY SPECIFIC ANALYTICS AND INFORMATION TO TEAMS, PLAYERS, AGENTS, AND SCOUTS.
While analytics initially evolved from a management perspective in trying to best evaluate player performance, there are many practical applications that can be exploited by individuals for both development and negotiation utilization.
Player analytic performance reports can be a key component to accelerated development. Individual statistical tendencies can then be shared with their coaching staff to allow for better integration within team coaching strategy. Furthermore, understanding what statistics players need to achieve, will help them understand what is needed to the next level of hockey.
The information obtained is also highly valuable to agents, scouts, and professional hockey programs, as it provides a depth of information that is rarely available to them. Tracked data can be used as a negotiating tool by comparing their client’s inputs and outputs players with statistical cohorts. Data also creates context to a player in how they may fill a need or put a scale to their accomplishments relative to other players at the same level.
Hockey Analytics Tracked
- Average shifts per period
- Average seconds per shift
- Average shots per period
- Average locations of a shot on net
- Average locations on the ice per shot
- Average shot per shift
- Average scoring chance per Shot
- Average scoring chance per Shift
- Average scoring chance per period
- Average location on the ice per scoring chance
- Percentage of style (wrist, snap, slap, back) shot per shots taken
- Average Goal per shift/shot/period/style of shot/location
- Average number of faceoffs taken
- Average number of faceoffs won and lost
- Average hand a faceoff is won on
- Average number of passes (touches)
- Average hits per period/Game
- Average dumps period/Game